Re: MG tow vehicle

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG tow vehicle
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 23:19:30 -0600
P.S.

Forgot the 4wd part.  I think 2wd with a locking diff is
better for almost all conditions when tire slippage is a
problem.  Less maintenance, no costly transfer case, front
diff, u-joints, etc. repairs, perhaps cheaper, and better
mileage and less tire wire.  4wds can be hard on front tires
if not used sparingly.  I would have a locking diff 2wd
instead of the 4wd.  There are aftermarket locking diffs if
you can't find one already in the vehicle.  I've never had
one on a pickup but used one on a tandem axle milk truck.

Blake