MG tow vehicle

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Dave Houser"
Subject: MG tow vehicle
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 21:30:40 -0500
Hi Dave:

More Florida real estate info came in the mail tonight.  Now, all I need is
a job down there.

As for towing a trailer - I have been using my Saab 9-5 to tow the MGB to
most races on a Trailex trailer for the last couple of years.  (Have driven
to & from as well.  But, that can be risky.)  It's a V-6 turbo automatic.
Trailer weighs c. 850#, car 2200# & add about 200# of tools, parts, etc. in
the back seat & trunk.   It tows well with all of that.  Max. towing
capacity (ACTUAL, not factory recommended) is 3500#.  I'm in process of
looking for a REAL light enclosed trailer for my FL move - also sans SUV.
Lightest one I've found is an Aeroflow 15.  1400#, 15' interior length.
But, that's really pushing the max. capacity.

I've often thought about buying an older Ford or GM station wagon.  But, I
don't need another vehicle around here or to move south.

See you in Tampa area one of these days.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB (Now with enough power to drive an A/C system)