Re: Not LBC, but related to MG email lists and the internet

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Not LBC, but related to MG email lists and the internet
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:42:18 -0800
The attachment stripping mechanism of autox.team.net is brilliant.  I am
sick of people sending me pictures of a raindrop that they think has a
funny shape, or a nail clipping that they found in their new (old)
house.  Please let's keep the function as it is otherwise we will get
emails with "look at this car I saw outside the public toilets, and the
other picture is of my dog that sits in the back of my
MG".         ...............aaaagghhhh!

This message has been stripped of flames.

At 10:54 PM 1/28/2003 +0000, Bob D. wrote:
>Text thrift may indeed be a virtue, but in this day of mpeg, jpeg, streaming
>video, mp3, internet radio and multi-gigabyte hard drives; our puny little
>emails must be a drop in the proverbial bit-bucket. (My wife is on several
>lists that allow jpeg file attachments/inserts.)  Does autox.team.net really
>need to be so frugal? Perhaps the server, this list is on, has severe
>storage limitations.   (Just a comment, please don't take it as flame bait.)
>
>Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
>Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
>52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470
>71 MGB - NAMGBR #7-3336