Re: Caribou Canvas Top

To: mgaskew@attbi.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Caribou Canvas Top
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 13:34:52 EST
Kathy,

I ordered a top from Caribou Canvas in September of 2000, and didn't receive
it until March of 2001.  I have had several friends and fellow local club
members order from them only to have to wait from six to eight months.  It
appears he waits until he has sufficient orders for a certain model before he
pulls out the patterns to make a batch.  I have not known anyone to have not
received a top from him.

On the other side, with illness, he might be backordered for a much longer
period.  When you call him, it's always, "It's on the way..." or "You'll have
it by next week."  Which, IMHO, are boldface lies that he tells everyone who
calls just to get them off the phone.  I do not believe this is the way to
run a business, but most people put up with it because the quality of his
tops are top-notch, and his prices are reasonable.

If you need a top now, you can order a nice top from Moss (or one of the many
excellent retailers on this list) and have it drop-shipped to you by next
week.  I would recommend giving him some more time, not worry about when
you'll receive the top.

Good luck and please let us know the outcome.

Steve Sanchez
1977 MGB with a beautiful Caribou Canvas top