Re: brakes

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@attbi.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brakes
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 00:01:51 -0500
I'll probably hear about this, but I throw out those e clips and replace
them with 5/8" snap rings.  I tried to put an eclip in once and it took
FOREVER, I was once told that it is easier to pull the backing plate and
replace the slave on your workbench but I've never tried that.  The snap
ring takes about 30 seconds to install, and since the slave can't really go
anywhere I feel comfortable with any loss in retaining ability that anyone
could suggest.

I also agree with Barney's points about safety and will also add that
Murphy's law clearly states that if you rebuild the entire brake system but
leave the slaves in place they will both blow up two days later.

James Nazarian