Re: Carburetors for MGB

To: smarc@abs.net
Subject: Re: Carburetors for MGB
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:46:44 -0400
Marc,
  My experience with the Colourtune is that it worked great when I bought
it.  A year later Connecticut fuels were changed to meet EPA specs.
Burning that stuff, the nice 'bunsen blue' colour that is the Gunsen goal
is too lean. It's necessary to richen the mix a bit to get more flecks of
orange and a softer, more orange colour, when burning this fuel.  Hal
Kramer gave a tuning talk at a GOF in which he mentioned the same
experience, burning Massachusetts gasoline.
  It's an OK tool, but I find that I don't use it much anymore since the
lift-the-piston method works just as well for me.
Bob