Re: Carburetors for MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carburetors for MGB
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:39:09 -0700 (PDT)
Aeseeyou@aol.com SEZ -

>                                  I am really happy that I ended up choosing a
> RBB especially after reading all the horror stories about keeping the SU's in
> tune and synchronized. Thanks but I'll stay with my single Zenith-Stromberg
> it suits my driving needs perfectly..easy to start and doesn't flood or choke
> up.

Whoever told you "horror stories" about SUs obviously didn't know
what he was talking about.  SU carburetors are a model of ingenious
simplicity.  Five moving parts: 1) Piston, 2) Butterfly, 3) Jet,
4) Float valve, 5) Float.  It's impossible to flood an SU.  Every time
I look at an MG with a Weber kit on it, I think P.T. Barnum must be
smiling in his grave.

--
David Breneman                     | "Just because something doesn't
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst    |  do what you planned it to do