Re: weekend repairs

To: "Telewest (PH)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: weekend repairs
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:15:12 -0500
Telewest (PH) wrote:
> If you mean the brake warning light that doesn't respond to pressure as such
> (as in brakes stuck on where the rear brake lights would be on) but some
> pressure imbalance between the sides at some point in the past.

There is no perceived imbalance. Hitting the brakes hard stops the car
well and straight. I'm guessing it's the hand brake is doing something
funny. I have to pull it up too high already. I have to dig into that,
but not last night.

> If the tach
> drops to zero that indicates a break in the ignition LT circuit.  If the
> ignition warning light came on too it would point to the ignition
> switch/column plugs area.  If not it would be closer to the
> coil/distributor.

I'm thinking the coil area. The ignition warning light did not come on.
And looking at the coil, the LT spades seem a bit close to the body for
my liking. BTW, I run a pertronix and a pertronix coil. Yes, the
resistor lines are by-passed.

It did not happen this morning however.

Thanks,
Paul.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd N.E., Fl 1S    PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155