Re: weekend repairs

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk, proot@iaces.com
Subject: Re: weekend repairs
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:08:19 EDT
In a message dated 4/14/03 11:53:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk writes:

> The handbrake shouldn't have any effect on the warning light, the only
> connection between the two is that they both operate independently on the
> shoes.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I don't remember what year car we are talking about, but in my '77 Midget,
the brake light comes on when the handbrake is on.  Releasing the handbrake
turns the light off.  Perhaps the switch at the bottom of the handbrake lever
is out of adjustment or shorted (Or open. I don't remember if it is a NO or
NC switch.).

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)