Re: Fuel Additive

To: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Additive
From: jello@ida.net
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 15:07:52 US/Mountain
I think there must be a lot of factors.  I know about 3 years ago I had a
bad head gasket issue on my MGA (with a 3 main MGB motor), and took the
head in to be checked/rebuilt as needed.  It was a 1500 head, and in
pretty bad shape actually - the valves had hammered the head surface
pretty hard - and I got all new, and hardened seats.  I suppose that may
or may not be due to the lack of lead in the fuel, but I can tell you that
the surface was shot.

Phil Bates