Mystery engine

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Mystery engine
From: "Brandon K." <c322348@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:52:45 -0700 (PDT)
I have an 1800cc engine that I'm trying to identify. The data plate is stamped
"6GF WE-H 3862" and
the block casting number is "12H3248". I can't find a reference to "6GF" or
that block number
anywhere on the net.

It has dual HS-4 carbs, a smog rail, and an "18" on the head, so I am pretty
sure the head is MGB,
but I'm not sure if that is original to the block. The motor mounts are on the
front engine plate,
not on the side of the block like on an Austin Marina.

Anyone have any ideas or documentation to indicate what this engine came out of?

Thanks,

Brandon

http://search.yahoo.com