Re: heater core

To: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>,
Subject: Re: heater core
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:25:49 -0500
At 12:30 PM 4/29/03 -0500, Chuck Renner wrote:
>Are the currently available MGB heater cores of good quality?  I've got my
>heater box out of the car at the moment, and contemplating if I should go
>ahead and replace the core while it's easy to get to, or if I'm better off
>staying with my original.

On all counts above, I dunno.  But, .... you can upgrade the heater core,
the blower motor, and the squirrel cage fan.  See here:
http://chicagolandmgclub.com/photos/b_heater
Beware that the larger fan has to be placed inside the box and attached to
the motor shaft before the box is closed.  That means that if you ever need
to remove the motor for future service, the entire heater has to come out
of the car for disassembly.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com