Re: heater core

To: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>,
Subject: Re: heater core
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 17:27:59 -0500
At 10:02 PM 4/29/03 +0200, Hans Duinhoven wrote:
>.... the rubber pad at the lower part was nla at the time I restored my
>heater system. Is it obtainable now?

Well, we did have a new one for this conversion, and there are nice
pictures of it.  Pretty sure it came from the same source as the uprated
heater parts. One significant comment was that it seemed to be too stiff
and hard to compress, so it was fairly difficult to push the heater back
into place.  One might consider making their own replacement pad from a
softer durometer foam rubber.  But of course I have no idea how stiff or
soft it should be, or even what was originally in there.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com