RE: Heel and toe AND "dead pedal" MGB

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>,
Subject: RE: Heel and toe AND "dead pedal" MGB
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 12:34:10 -0700 (PDT)
> I got into the habit of kinda rolling my
> foot sideways to catch the throttle
> pedal, rather than using the heel.

> Now I have a Paddy Hopkirk style pad on
> my 1965 race car, I find I still roll the
> foot rather than bringing the heel into play.

Yes, that's the same technique I use.  In fact, I have
never understood how ANYONE could actually use their
heel and their toe to match revs on ANY car!  Maybe
it's just my big dogs that are to blame, but I always
just assumed that "heel and toe" was a cute misnomer!

There is absolutely, categorically NO WAY I could
contort my foot around sideways and use my heel and my
toe.  It's always the left and right sides of my foot,
kinda rolling over to catch the throttle...

http://search.yahoo.com