Re: Heel and toe AND "dead pedal" MGB

To: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heel and toe AND "dead pedal" MGB
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 11:26:03 -0700 (PDT)
> Now I'm beginning to wonder if the original
> poster had a problem with his brakes.
> In my 66, the brake pedal at full depression
> is still slightly higher than the throttle
> pedal. Wasn't he complaining the brake pedal
> was too low? That would be a big adjustment...

As the original poster, yes, that was exactly what I
was complaining about.  The reason why I didn't
IMMEDIATELY think of a brake adjustment is because the
pedal feels very firm, the brakes stop the car fine,
and when I press hard on the pedal, it's still not
terribly close to the floor.  Essentially, everything
just "feels" pretty much right with the brakes.
Again, I've only owned this car for five days, but the
pedal travel and so forth doesn't seem unusual.

It just seems like the natural relationship between
the brake pedal and the throttle pedal is not good for
heel and toeing.  When I'm not touching either pedal,
the brake pedal is just a hair higher than the
throttle.  But under braking (when I want to match
revs and change down) the brake pedal is somewhat
below the throttle, making it almost impossible to get
the side of my foot back up there and blip the
throttle...

Hope that clears up my issue.  I think I'm going to
adjust the brakes and make sure everything is hunky
dorey there, and then if it is, I'll start modifying
the relationship of those pedals to get where I need
to be.

I have to match revs.  It's ingrained somewhere in the
core of my soul, like buckling my seatbelt...

http://search.yahoo.com