Re: New MGB - A couple more questions

To: engl <engl@cableregina.com>
Subject: Re: New MGB - A couple more questions
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 08:29:50 -0500
engl wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies to my previous post ... very much appreciated.
> I've got a couple more questions.
>
> I think I'll have to look at redoing the kingpins shortly, and I understand
> you need a reamer to do the job properly.  The reamer is a tad pricey - is
> it a necessity or are there alternatives that do as good a job (i.e. can you
> do it right without the reamer).

I thought one of the kits that Moss sells was pre-reamed.

A couple things you can do.

1) Buy the whole spindle done already, the kingpin is installed and
ready to go.

2) Take the kingpins and spindles into a shop. It's a little over an
hour job for them. Cost you $100. That's what I ended up doing.

> Also, as I will have to park the car outside for the summer (I have a garage
> full of other British cars much to my wife's dismay) what is the best type
> of car cover.  I've had recommended a canvassy-cotton type of cover, and
> also a multilayer type.  Both seem about the same price.

Mine is a multilayer type. I just use in the winter. It's actually one
from my old Isuzu Impulse Turbo. It fits surprisingly well. The mirror
pockets are in the wrong place, but they aren't needed.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd N.E., Fl 1S    PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155