Re: Piston Envy

To: Jerry Erbesfield <jerbesfield@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: Piston Envy
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 07:07:17 -0700 (PDT)
Alas, I don't think it would fit.  But imagine the
joys of putting the top down, finding a twisty
mountain road, and rowing through the gearbox to wind
that bugger up into the 100 RPM "red zone" again and
again...  True motoring bliss.

And if you ever needed to do anything unusual with
your MGB, like perhaps tow a Navy Destroyer or tear an
apartment complex off its foundation, what better
powerplant could there be?

Incidentally, I remember visiting a buddy of mine who
lived in Mystic Seaport.  His dad was a marine
mechanic, and we went down to the docks to see a tug
boat getting some engine work done.  The heads were
off, and I remember jumping down and standing on a
piston while we talked about the engine...

Paul
1971 MGB Tourer

http://search.yahoo.com