Front Valance colors

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front Valance colors
From: "Mike Lewellen" <Mike.Lewellen@insightbb.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 09:14:40 -0500
I am painting my 76 B and I noticed that when I took the front rubber
bumper off, everything below it is painted black.  This appears to be
what it was painted from the factory.  I noticed the beautiful white MGB
on the front of the Victoria British catalog has the valance under the
bumper painted the same color as the car. From the MGB books I have it
has been difficult to determine what is factory and what is not. So
question number 1: were the areas below the front and rear rubber bumper
painted black from the factory on all cars?  The other thing how many of
you think it is better to have it painted the same color as the car??

Mike Lewellen
Bowling Green, KY
58 MGA
68 MGC