Re: Vac. Advance question...

To: Chad Cooper <mgb72@airmail.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vac. Advance question...
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 10:28:58 -0600
That would depend on the year of the car - or actually the specific HS4
carbs and intake manifold. The earlier HS4s (67 and older?) had a port for
the advance hose on the back  of the rear carb body. Later years, the port
was a fitting on the intake manifold itself.

It might be in your case, the fitting has been removed from the intake
manifold and a cap put in its place, if I was to venture a guess. If you
have a Moss catalog, take a look at the intake manifold in the HS4 carb
section. For some reason, it doesn't show the actual port. Where my advance
hose goes (72B), Moss shows a part called "restrictor, o/d vacuum" that is
no longer available.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B