Re: Riding high

To: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Riding high
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 09:01:11 -0700
Max,

As the Rover set up is very very near the weight of the 1.8 iron block it
makes sense to have the machine configured as it was when it had the
original motor.  Unfortunately for me the 1970 was bought just as a shell
sans practically everything so I have no idea of original height.

At 01:31 PM 6/7/2003 -0700, Max Heim wrote:
>How can there be a "correct" height for a non-original specification? You're
>just going to have to make up your own mind about what you like, or what you
>can live with.
>
>on 6/7/03 10:30 AM, Barrie Robinson at barrier@bconnex.net wrote:
>
> > Can anyone advise me as to the correct height for a 1970 MGB GT with Rover
> > V8 dropped in.
> >
> > Haynes does not give it and my Brooklands shows 23.5inches but it is
> > difficult to see to where! - it also says ground clearance is 5 inches.
> >
> > Currently the front, measured ground to bottom of chrome strip is 27.5
> > inches but this will go down to 25 with Clive Wheatley springs that I am
> > getting from Martyn Harvey (Waterloo, Canada).  The back measures 27.5
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any and all replies
> >
> > Regards
> > Barrie
> >
> > Barrie Robinson
> > barrier@bconnex.net
> >

>--
>
>Max Heim
>'66 MGB GHN3L76149
>If you're near Mountain View, CA,
>it's the primer red one with chrome wires

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
barrier@bconnex.net