Re: Ignition circuit of '66 B

To: "Phillip Erikson" <perikson2@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition circuit of '66 B
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:13:40 -0000
Some of the newer OEM radios allow you to run the radio with the ignition
off. (They usually have a one hour time out, to avoid running the battery
down.) Maybe you can get this feature in the aftermarket too.

If your radio is modern, it probably has one line that goes to battery and
one that goes to the ignition circuit. You could run the radio's ignition
wire through a switch to battery. Then you could run the radio any time you
want. But don't forget to turn the switch off when you're done, or you'll
run the battery down. It will not be sufficient to just turn the radio off.
It will still draw significant current until it sees it's ignition line go
low.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470