Re: Ignition circuit of '66 B

To: "Phillip Erikson" <perikson2@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Ignition circuit of '66 B
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:42:52 -0600
Phil,

I wonder if the Purolator is used because its cheap and it works on
positive ground? I don't see where the Purolator will have any effect on
the CD besides adding an annoying noise to the mix. My son's 65B also has a
Purolator but I'm sure his cd player will drown out its noise. But if it
was my car, I'd take the purolator out and replace it with a SU fuel pump.
I usually like to turn on the pump and wait until its stops clicking before
I start the car - that way I know the floats are working correctly. Plus
the SU is much quieter.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B