Re: Heater box seal question-1974 B CB

To: BarrMark262@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heater box seal question-1974 B CB
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 01:18:00 -0500
At 08:56 PM 6/30/03 -0400, Dennis Barr <BarrMark262@aol.com> wrote:
>.... getting ready to install my .... heater box .... However, not all of
>the seals I bought from Moss fit. The seal # 282-750, gasket, heater unit
>isn't even close.  It is the rectangular one that goes between the heater
>body box and the car/firewall. ....

We had a lot of problems with the MGB heater rebuild, but that wasn't one
of them.  See the picture tour here:
http://chicagolandmgclub.com/photos/b_heater
Installation pictures, first one in the second row from bottom of page:
http://chicagolandmgclub.com/photos/b_heater/3635.jpg
The base gasket we had was three strips with screw holes, plus there was a
foam rubber strip that went on the back of the box to seal on the firewall
side (not shown in any of these pictures).  I believe all of these parts
were ordered from England.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com