Re: Heater box seal question-1974 B CB

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heater box seal question-1974 B CB
From: "Chris" <slimyrat@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 09:13:10 +0200
> Hi List: I am getting ready to install my repainted and cleaned heater box
> before I install the engine. Thank you to all who said, "do this first."
> However, not all of the seals I bought from Moss fit. The seal # 282-750,
> gasket, heater unit isn't even close.
> It is the rectangular one that goes between the heater body box and the
> car/firewall. Any suggestions?

Don't have my moss catalogue with me atm but if it's the thick one with two
big holes in it good luck!

I eventually(after much brute force, foul words, and scratched paint) got it
in by putting the seal in the body first, then with one arm holding the
heater box and the other holding the seal in place from the passanger
compartment side. This will only work if you haven't installed the
windscreen and dashboard yet.

Like I said good luck!

Chris
3/4 of a '73B