RE: If you were designing your ultimate toolbox for the

To: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: If you were designing your ultimate toolbox for the
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 22:25:46 -0500
At 02:55 PM 7/13/03 -0700, Barrie Robinson wrote:
>SO WHO HAS THE LIST?
>
>At 05:58 PM 7/11/2003 -0500, Barney Gaylord wrote:
>>.... Charles Robinson wrote:
>>>You left out the gasket goo.
>>
>>.... I put that on my list of things to carry on the real road trips,
>>more than 1000 miles, ....

Okay.  For those who were not paying attention the last time, check out the
"Survival Kit" here: http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/tools/toolbox1.htm

For those who were paying attention, and those who don't care, sorry to
bomb the list again with the list again, .... again.

For all those making additional suggestions for things to add to the
traveling tool kit, I haven't found it necessary to add anything to this
set since the parking lot crankshaft R&R in 1989.  I am also open to
suggestions on what unnecessary items might be removed to save weight.

And I still refuse to add either cell phone or AAA card to the tool list,
neither of which has ever been a necessity since before they ever
existed.  Those things don't fix cars, they just cause additional delay
while you wait for someone else to come to do the fix which you should be
doing yourself.  If you believe you have some other use for those items,
that's fine, just don't try to call them repair tools.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com