Re: If you were designing your ultimate toolbox for the

To: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>,
Subject: Re: If you were designing your ultimate toolbox for the
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:36:47 -0500
At 12:51 PM 7/16/03 -0500, Charles Robinson wrote:
>  I have towing insurance.  It covers my RV and other cars.  They'll bring
> gas, change a tire or tow the vehicle, essentially to where you want them
> to, within 100 miles.  It costs less than $100 a year.

I have been having an extended off-list chat about value judgenents.  I
dunno if I want to pay $1000 for added insurance over the next 10 years.

>You call them up, tell a 800 #, tell them where you are and they dispatch
>the needed service, no charge.  A cell phone is much better than having to
>go find a phone,

Oh yeah.  That was the meat of the value judgement of the cell phone.  Add
another $2500 or so for the cost of the cell phone over the next 10 years,
unless you think it's free because you already have it for other reasons.

>.... when the RV broke something unfixable on the road. I was towing the
>B, so I unhooked it and went to a phone. ....

Now there's a capital idea!  Tow an RV behind your MG for emergency
use.  (Well, maybe a Miata).

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com