Re: Two questions newbie MGB owner

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Re: Two questions newbie MGB owner
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:06:30 EDT
In a message dated 8/14/2003 2:18:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk writes:

> then check the blade profile as previously advised

Info Please:
Is it true that if the fan blade are connected backwards that they could come
apart (explode?) and possibly destroy your radiator, water pump (on cars
where the fan is mounted on the water pump) and any thing that gets in the way
of
the pieces of disintegrating fan blades? I was told that on car fan with a
hydraulic clutch if it locks up from age, or lack of lubrication to the
bearings
it becomes a literal bomb wiping out anything in its path. Am I being overly
dramatic or is it really true about a disintegrating fan?
Albert Escalante, owner-1978 MGB
Central Coast British Car Club (Ca.)