Re: airbox design

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: airbox design
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:31:35 EDT
In a message dated 8/20/03 5:16:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Maybe you could add louvers at the trailing edge of the bonnet, encouraging
> airflow under the bonnet (since there is still plenty of inlet air through
> the radiator)

Max, the trailing edge of the bonnet is a high pressure area as long as the
windshiled is in place, and the flow might actually be IN rather than out.

I think that the V-8 conversions look a lot better without odd holes in the
bonnets. You can supply cold air by ducting from the front of the car.

Bill