Re: airbox design

To: <ATWEDITOR@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: airbox design
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:36:52 -0400
One thing that we have been discussing on the v8 list is that the area in
front of the windscreen is a high pressure area so is the air actually
leaving via the louvers or is it flowing in and creating airflow over the
otherwise stagnant top of the engine.  Obviously air is leaving from under
the car or else the engine would quickly overheat.  There seems to be some
conflicting information about whether air is flowing in or out of the
louvers / lifted trailing edge so at this point it remains an unanswered
question.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8