Re: MGB Front Springs

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Front Springs
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 17:04:22 +0100
High UK car prices was a problem until very recently.  The manufacturers
claimed different specs but it all boiled down to local taxation (countries
with a high purchase/sales tax/VAT level got lower basic prices) and what the
market could stand - in the UK the status associated with a new car is
considerable (to some people) and they would pay the high price.  It wasn't
until companies started spring-up all over the country importing UK spec cars
from places like Holland, which the manufacturers tried to stop but was ruled
illegal by the EC, that there has been a significant degree of harmonisation
in family cars, although luxury marques are still worth getting from abroad.