Re: Hmmmmmm,whats this?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hmmmmmm,whats this?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:19:28 -0700
There are some persons who would be inclined to make snide comments about
other persons who, in the process of bolting on engine dress-up items, run
into actual functioning systems the purpose of which they do not recognize,
and who propose to deal with same by removing or discarding them...

...but I am not one of them <g>.

If you find that the the distributor end of said hose is actually connected
to a funny top-like thingie, this is the vacuum advance hose. Yes, you want
it connected. No, it is not supposed to be routed over the top of the valve
cover -- that is some previous owner's expedient. Get a longer hose and
route it around the back end of the cover. It is actually supposed to be a
thin metal pipe, but those are usually long gone and replaced with standard
vacuum hose.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149