Re: How to best clean twin SU carbs?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How to best clean twin SU carbs?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:16:56 -0700
Threadlocker is an adhesive, but it's more like superglue than silicone. It
would be applied to the threads to keep the valve from unscrewing. You
wouldn't use it unless you were experiencing this unscrewing phenomenon.
More likely you are having a problem with the float, or with a piece of
debris. I only described  my little problem as an example of how simple it
was to disassemble and reassemble this component -- it could be done on the
side of the road in ten minutes, easily.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149