Re: mgb overdrive [tunnel top cover]

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mgb overdrive [tunnel top cover]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 11:05:22 -0700
Are you referring to the top cover of the tunnel, attached by 10 or 12
bolts?

I was under the impression that that was a feature of the Mark I cars that
was discontinued with the introduction of the 4-synchro transmission in
1968.

For one thing, the shift lever for the 4-synchro transmission is located so
far to the rear that it missed the old cover opening entirely, requiring an
new tunnel stamping with the shifter hole relocated. It is evident to view
that the 68-on tunnel is a completely different shape, at any rate.

Perhaps you are referring to a different access panel.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149