Re: mgb overdrive [tunnel top cover]

To: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>, "MG List"
Subject: Re: mgb overdrive [tunnel top cover]
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 17:37:09 -0600
Barrie,

I have located what I think is the cover. From your description, it looks
like it is. Its an oval black cover with the hole for the shifter. That
hole has the four bolt holes that would line up with the chrome ring, but
more important, the top one of the four holes (and in the center of this
cover) is in fact a captive nut. It likely came off my 71BGT. The only
problem is that it appears to be slightly bent in the center cover part
although I'm not sure what would have caused that (unless it is so it would
naturally bend slightly with the curved tunnel). I can take a picture if
needed.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B