Re: Engine Swap out ideas and advice - LONG

To: Ross Bateman <ross@rcsa.co.za>
Subject: Re: Engine Swap out ideas and advice - LONG
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:27:15 -0500
   Hi Ross,

    The price for the Chevy v-6 & tranny sin't out of line.  The price
on the B pistons is quite high, IMO.  Did the shop give you a price dor
the machine work and all parts for assembly, including a new clutch, etc

   Seems to me, the crux of the matter - cost aside - is what you want
out of the car when all is done. Do you want an original restored B or a
hot rod?

   As far as being a beginner on this sort of thing, I'd suggest you get
the book on restoring Bs, if you don't already have it and get the V-8
conversion book too.  Or if time presses get search the web sites for
info on the v-8 conversions.  There are plenty.

   Cheers,

     CR