Re: Engine Swap out ideas and advice - LONG

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Swap out ideas and advice - LONG
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 11:49:25 -0700 (PDT)
> > at it, get the Moss SuperCharger, and, if you
> believe Moss, 5 hours
> > later you have doubled the HP at the wheels.

I'm coming into this string late, so I hope I'm not
the fifteenth person to say this, but the new issue of
Classic Motorsports has an article that dyno tests the
Moss supercharger on a 1978 MGB in various
configurations.  Pretty interesting read.

The MGB in stock trim, except fitted with dual SUs and
a Peco header/exhaust combination made 42.2 rear-wheel
hp at 3000 RPM and 63.8 hp at peak (4800 rpm)

With the supercharger just bolted on, it made 56.8 hp
at 3000 RPM and 87.8 hp at peak (5200 RPM).

With a ported cylinder head and some fine tuning of
the carbs, it produced 61 hp at 3000 RPM and 101.4 hp
at peak (5150 RPM)

As an interesting comparison, a stock MGB GT V8 made
75.9 hp at 3000 RPM and 102.3 at peak (4800 RPM).  And
a stock MGC made 68.1 hp at 3000 RPM and 85.8 hp at
peak (4200 RPM).

=====
Paul Misencik
1971 MGB Vintage Race Project