Re: Engine Swap out ideas and advice - LONG

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Swap out ideas and advice - LONG
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 10:38:50 -0700
After reading through all your options, I still think it would be less
expensive, less time-consuming, and less labor-intensive to rebuild the
1800, even with performance modifications. Engine swaps require customized
components and hand-fitting, and lots of problem-solving. And don't forget,
you are going to have to pay for a whole engine and transmission, plus
innumerable minor parts, which you already have for the 1800.

Do it for the challenge, do it for something unique, but don't do an engine
swap to save time and money -- you'd be heading in the wrong direction.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149