Polishing paint

To: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>, "'Mike Razor'"
Subject: Polishing paint
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 12:22:55 -0700 (PDT)
> You'll need to use progressively finer compounds to
> get it looking good
> again.  A DA buffer would make quick work of it.

This reminds me:

I'm looking for a good random orbital polisher to wax
my cars.  It must electric (no compressor in my
garage) and affordable, but I want it to be a good one
that will minimize the risk of burning my paint.  Any
suggestions?

Griot's Garage has one (made by Porter Cable, I think)
that claims to be incapable of burning paint, but
after bumping into a few of Griot's products elsewhere
for far less money, I've lost faith in their pricing
policies and don't want to get gouged.

Thanks in advance,

=====
Paul Misencik