Re: Fw: Re; Emssions controls, or their lack of

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Re; Emssions controls, or their lack of
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:27:00 -0700 (PDT)
Richard Poole SEZ -
> >From what I've read, all it does is dilute the pollutants by pumping more
> fresh air into the exhaust...add water to mud you get thinner mud.

No, the oxygen promotes ignition of unburned combustion byproducts.
Most of the oxygen in the cylinders is consumed during the power
stroke.  The exhaust gasses are hot enough to spontaneously burn off
a lot of the "mud" while it's still in the exhaust manifold; just add
oxygen.

--
David Breneman
Distributed Systems Software Analyst

DHL/Airborne Express
3101 Western Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121

Phone:  +1-206-830-4253
Fax:    +1-206-830-4432

david.breneman@dhl.com

(This .sig is greater than 4 lines as mandated by company policy.)