RE: Fw: Re; Emssions controls, or their lack of

To: "'Barrie Robinson'" <barrier@bconnex.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fw: Re; Emssions controls, or their lack of
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 15:34:25 -0400
Barrie,

Can't add expert knowledge or analysis to the discussion, but as usual
I'm happy to take a guess ;-)

Perhaps there is already combustion going on all the time and the O2
just helps make it a cleaner burn.  Is that possible?  I sure have seen
flames coming out the back of hot setups.  On engines with modern cats,
maybe there is less need to add the O2, since those systems are relying
on catalyst of the bad stuff (technical term).

I have a good engineering book on the topic lying around somewhere that
might tell me...I'll keep an eye out for it.

Dean