Inevitable and probably over-asked tire questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Inevitable and probably over-asked tire questions
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:27:11 -0700 (PDT)
Before I go into this, do I remember someone saying
they were creating a web document with the definitive
skinny on what tire sizes fit on MGB wheels and what
problems/opinions people have of various sizes?  Was
that Kelvin maybe?

Does such a page exist?

If not, then I'm wondering if anyone has ever fitted
185/60R-14 tires to a stock 4.5" wide MGB wire wheel.
What about 195/60?  At the vintage races last week I
saw that most MGB's were running 205/60's, but those
were on miniators, which I assume are wider.  5.5" or
6" or something, right?  But what's the "maximum grip"
option for the skinny 'ol wire wheel?

Thanks in advance,

=====
Paul Misencik