RE: Inevitable and probably over-asked tire questions

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: RE: Inevitable and probably over-asked tire questions
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:28:18 -0700 (PDT)
> The 14 x 5.5 72 spoke painted wheel we carry is the
> same wheel used on the factory and subsequent works
> type cars.

And if anyone plans on using these various wider
wheels for competition, note that although almost all
vintage classes will let you run wider wheels
(generally by as much as 1.5" over stock) and will let
you run wheels made of virtually any material, almost
all of them limit you to the original diameter.

That pretty much leaves us MGB guys with the 72 spoke
14"x5.5" if we want to run wires...

=====
Paul Misencik
1971 MGB Vintage Race Project