Re: Fuel fillers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel fillers
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:29:01 -0700 (PDT)
Dan DiBiase SEZ -
> David, I believe he means leaving it versus standing (or squatting) and
> holding it in place....

Ah, that's what I was missing.  Lots of gas stations remove the device
from the nozzle that locks it on, so you frequently need to wedge the
gas cap or similar object under the trigger to keep the gas flowing,
or stand there holding the nozzle open while the tank fills.  One of
my pet peeves about self-serve stations is the missing catch mechanism.
(The other is "Pre Pay".  I always ask for a receipt before I return to
the pump.  If they don't trust me, I don't trust them.)

I hadn't noticed until this thread that the "spring" around the
nozzle, to catch the edge of the filler neck, was a thing of the past.
Couple that with the California-style "foreskin" vapor-retention
devices, which push the nozzle out of the filler neck, and it's
becoming almost impossible to fill up the car!

--
David Breneman
Distributed Systems Software Analyst

DHL/Airborne Express
3101 Western Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121

Phone:  +1-206-830-4253
Fax:    +1-206-830-4432

david.breneman@dhl.com

(This .sig is greater than 4 lines as mandated by company policy.)