RE: Heater valve

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Heater valve
From: "Roger Los" <roger@los.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 11:04:04 -0800
~ The US$27.95
~ for the 360-410 from Moss does not seem excessive but I hear
~ they "suck".

I think what "sucks" about them is the pot metal used for the casting. It tends
to rot away which leads to leaks and general
dispair. Also, even the new ones aren't perfectly "flat" on their base and
should be ground against 600 grit paper on a sheet of
glass before installation. The one on my '63 is the original item and I just
replaced the one on my '73, so by all appearances they
last quite awhile. :)

Roger Los
---
'54 BSA A10
'61 XKE Roadster
'63 MGB Roadster
'73 MGB GT
'02 Triumph Daytona
---
Ford F150 for towing, parts hauling and rainy days!