Re: Heater valve

To: schnittke@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Heater valve
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:57:25 -0500
Glen,
   Have you used a thermometer to check the actual temp of the radiator
at the hose from thermostat?  I sounds to me that with the efforts you
have made to cover the oil cooler and radiator, and to change the 'stat,
the water should be hot as a two-dollar pistol.  If the water is hot,
then the problem has to be one of circulation.
   Have you checked that there is water flowing through the heater core
(rinsed it through with a garden hose) and through the head?   It's not
unknown for the passage to be plugged with rust.
Bob

. I normally change the stat, cover the oil