Re: Heater valve

To: Glenn Schnittke <schnittke@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Heater valve
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:10:20 -0600
At 02:55 PM 10/27/03 -0600, Glenn Schnittke wrote:
>>Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:24:04 -0000
>>From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
>>Subject: Re: Heater valve
>>
>>I have to say that the OE valves on both my cars, and a recent
>>replacement to the roadster, give the same output that Bob Munch achieved
>>*after* his mod, and at a lower ambient.
>
>etc., down to:
>
>>the tapered pin gives a gradual control of the small opening making it
>>much easier to make fine adjustments to heater output.
>>
>>PaulH.
>

>Paul,
>
>Thanks. You made my day. Fine adjustments. I like that. Even after the
>valve mod, the heater on my '67 redcar is dismal at best and the thought
>of a fine adjustment between zero and zero got me.
>
>Glenn

Hey, don't knock it.  This can be a real problem in mild weather, like 40
dF when you only need a little heat.  I was just out in my MGA for a rally
Sunday morning with ambient temperature of about 40dF around
Chicago.  After engine warm up, adjustment of the heat control lever was a
range of about 1/8 inch between no heat and too much heat.  The top 90% of
the adjustment range was irrelevent (at least while puttering around town
at moderate speed).

Barney Gaylord
1059 MGA woith an attitude
http://MGAguru.com