Re: Rear Shock Kit

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Shock Kit
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:56:58 EST
In a message dated 19/11/2003 5:08:56 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Very interesting.  Anybody know if/where these can be had?

Now made of unobtanium, and not common even in the day. You would have to
battle hordes of vintage racers willing to pay much more than you woiuld, to
get
any. And the adjuster knob would still be leak prone.

Frankly, theyhd be great for a rally car where conditions might warrant
changing stiffness, but for street or track, just find the correct settings
and
then use them. You have a choice of stock or comp valves, or you can start
playing with them and changing springs on your own, though I have no idea
(other
than advanced automotive masochism - the sort of thing that makes people buy
Daimler SP250s) why you would bother.

Bill