UK Scam??

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: UK Scam??
From: Bill Snyder <wtsnyder@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 10:05:22 -0500
I posted a car for sale on the MG Enthusiast's site on Saturday to be
distributed in the US and Canada. Yesterday, I received a request for
more info and a photo, followed by an offer to buy from a gent in the UK.
I wrote back voicing my skepticism and fear of scams from perspective
overseas buyers and stated that my terms would be cash or cashiers check
for the exact anount with adequate time for the check to clear the bank
before the car would be released. He has now requested my address so that
his secretary can immediately send me the cashiers's check.

The fellow gives his name as Cap. Mark and he has a UK email address.
>From the way he writes gramatically, I suspect that he is not a native
Englishman.

I want to sell my car, but I also want to make sure that I don't get
conned in some way. Does anyone have knowledge of car buying scams
originating from the UK? Has anyone ever heard of this chap or had any
dealings with him? Any further advice on how to avoid getting beaten?

Thanks as always for your input.

Bill Snyder
Waynesville, NC