Re: MG's and Skis

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG's and Skis
From: Mark Lennan <mlennan@crankyrobots.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:29:39 -0700
I also live where it is really winter for extended periods of time
(Eagle, Colorado, 20 minutes west of Vail) and have also been looking
into the ski transport problem...

What I've found:

1) Bought the wife a hitch bike/ski rack in the hopes of getting
(finding...) a trailer hitch for my 79B to be able to transport the
rack back and forth... no luck on the hitch route. I would have to get
a custom manufactured unit ($$$$).

2) Factory ski rack that bolts to rack (Not sure if Amco or stock...).
Call these guys - http://www.designs.com/KATS/kats_home.html  as I was
recently in the shop and saw the ski mounts in a dusty bin.

3) Trunk mount from any number of vendors.

I haven't made a decision yet, so for the near future my skis/snowboard
stick out the window...

Good Luck!

Mark Lennan
79B