Re: MG's and Skis

To: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Subject: Re: MG's and Skis
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:49:24 -0600
  Tell him that taking a coil out of the rear springs to decamber the
rear and adding a stiffer roll bar in the front will help a lot. They're
only really dangerous in the wet.  It's also a good idea to put some
ballast in the boot.  Why don't you do it for him as a project in yer
spare time?  (G, D&R)

   The only time I had one get away from me was when someone pulled out
in front of me on a wet street and I lost it dodging him. It swapped
ends into a gas station driveway.  Tho only damage was the pinch hole in
the driver's seat. ;^)

   I drove a '62 Monza 2 door with stock suspension from west Texas to
Boston and back one summer. Ran the thing 85 mph on the freeways all
day.  Had it full of camping gear and had a folded tent in a carrier on
top too.  It got around 25 mpg on that trip.  Hell, I lived to lie about
it, so can yer friend.

   Cheers,

    CR